Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Big Thank You!!!

I wanted to express my gratitude to all families for the support and collaboration this year (already)! 

Open House was such a blast. The children were so proud to share their stories today and talk about what they showed their families or what they wish they showed their families.

I put out 40 name tags last night and assuming everyone made one....we had only 1 left (and I didn't make a name tag for myself)!!! .... What was an unbelievable turnout! I know families have very busy schedules, but I very much appreciate your time. (Hopefully the greeting and singing wasn't too scary... :)) I wish I had taken pictures of our classroom last night - families snuggled on comfy chairs reading, playing math games, working with clay, writing stories, practicing calendar work, and showing families all of the great things we have been working on!

As you might have noticed, Open House was different this year, as children stayed in our classroom to show you around the room. In past years, they have gone out for extra recess. Please let me know any feedback on whether you found this more beneficial or any suggestions to help make Open House more enjoyable/informative.

I also want to thank you all for the positive emails, comments, and conversations about the time spent on our class blog and weekly updates via email regarding your child. I am extremely happy that you are enjoying it all and please, let me know if there's anything more you'd like to see. 

I've also heard that relatives from afar have been viewing our blog, so WELCOME and  I'm glad that you get to be a part this learning adventure with us. :)

In our classroom we are a team and you are on this team too. Your children are with me five days a week - learning and playing together. I hope to have more opportunities this year where we can all meet and ask/answer questions. I also hope some families will be able to come and be a part of our day as helpers, participators, or observers.

We are all working for the children, their happiness, their learning, and their success. Communication is key for us and my hope is that all families will feel highly supported to help their children succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment